Parish Nurse Ministry
The purpose of the Parish Nurse Ministry is to be available to members of the Parish Community in order to further health and well being and to offer support and encouragement. Parish Nurses function as health educators, resource and referral persons. A few examples of service are:
- Visitation to home or hospital
- Guidance on health issues
- Planning, questions and concerns about entering or being discharged from: hospital, rehabilitation, nursing home, or a surgical care facility.
- Assistive devices for loan or donation (ie: shower chair, walker, bedside commode)
- Referral of health care agencies
- Blood Pressure screenings
- Healing Mass
- Educational Programs
- Blood Drives
The Parish Nurse Ministry also facilitates these events: Monthly Blood Pressure, Screenings, Educational Programs, Parish Festival First Aid, Annual Blood Drive, Annual Healing Mass (October).
Monthly Nurses Corner: JULY 2017
Summer is here and we all probably know the importance of skin protection from the sun. Here are a few basic facts:
• Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the US.
• The incidence has been increasing over the past few decades.
• Usually skin cancers are caused by too much exposure to Ultraviolet Rays. These rays mostly come from the sun but may also come from man-made sources, such as indoor tanning beds, and sun lamps.
The American Cancer Society gives a simple guideline to assist with sun protection. The catchphrase is:
Please direct all requests and questions to the parish office and leave a message with the secretary.
Growing Into Christ Commission:
Pastoral Care & Outreach