Please join us for a Memorial Service on the Sixth Annual National Day of Remembrance for Aborted Children, Saturday, September 8th. The service will take place at St. Joan of Arc Church following the 9:00 am Mass. We will gather at the Memorial for the victims of abortion which is located by the main entrance to the Church.
Throughout the country Pro-Life Americans will be gathering on this day at the gravesites of aborted babies and other memorial sites dedicated in their honor. Solemn vigils will be held at these locations to commemorate the more than 59 million children who have lost their lives to legal abortion since 1973, and to remind our society of the humanity of the unborn child. Together let us remember the victims of abortion and pray for a final end to this injustice.
For additional information, please contact Mary McInerney at (717) 533-4846
The priests and seminarians who were accused of sexual abuse of a minor who were stationed at Saint Joan of Arc are the following:
· Rev. Daniel Mahoney (1956 - 1961)
· Rev. Carl Steffen (1961 - 1963)
· Rev. Charles Procopio (1962 - 1964)
· Rev. James Noel (1964 - 1965)
· Rev. Herbert Shank (1974)
· Rev. Frank Bach (1974 - 1975)
· Rev. Timothy Sperber (1978 - 1983)
· Rev. James Shaughnessey (1944 - 1945)
· Rev. Kevin Kayda lived here as a seminarian during the Summer of 2010.
· Rev. Donald Cramer was a parishioner from our parish but was never stationed here.
To report suspected abuse of a minor, please follow these two steps:
1) Call the toll-free PA Child Abuse Hotline at: 1-800-932-0313. AND...
2) Report suspected abuse of a minor by a Church official, employee or volunteer by calling the diocesan toll-free hotline at: 1-800-626-1608.
We congratulate & rejoice with these couples of our parish community
whom recently united in marriage:
James Schofield & Katherine Lomazzo
Lucas Pantalone & Megan Ippoliti
Liam Spellane & Kaitlyn Donegan
Our parish community welcomes these newly baptized children of God:
Ana Anderson, Emma Goklaney, Nolan Schroeder, Olivia Wooddell,
Rosalyn Doyle, Jonathan Henrich, Jade Musser, and Finnegan Manlove.
Subscribe to our blog today so you do not miss any parish news!