Sunday's Hershey Half Marathon may cause some travel delays on the way to Mass. Below is a full listing of all the road closures so that you may plan travel time accordingly.
The DTPD has released a full listing of road closures in Hershey for Sunday's Hershey Half Marathon:
1) Chocolate Ave. [SR 0422] Between McKinley Ave. and Para Ave. (7:15 - 9:30 a.m.)
2) Chocolate Ave. [SR 0422] Between Para Ave. and Park Ave. [SR 0743] (7:15 - 10:30 a.m.)
3) Park Ave. [SR 0743] Between Northeast Dr. and E. Derry Rd. (7:45 - 9:00 a.m.)
4) Park Ave. [SR 0743] Between E. Derry Rd. and Trinidad Ave. (7:45 - 9:00 a.m.)
5) Park Ave. [SR 0743] Between Trinidad Ave. and Chocolate Ave. [SR 0422] (7:15 - 10:30 a.m.)
6) Hersheypark Dr. [SR 2016] Between Park Blvd // SR 0039 and Hotel Rd. // Exit Rd. (7:15 - 8:30 a.m.)
7) E. Derry Rd. [SR 2032] Between E. Mansion Rd. and Laudermilch Rd. (7:30 - 9:00 a.m.)
8) E. Derry Rd. [SR 2012] Between Laudermilch Rd. and McKinley Ave. (7:30 - 9:15 a.m.)
9) E. Mansion Rd. Between E. Derry Rd. and Chocolate Ave. [SR 0422] (7:45 - 10:30 a.m.)
10) Park Blvd. Between Hersheypark Dr. [SR 2016] and Ridge Rd. (7:20 - 10:30 a.m.)
11) Laudermilch Rd. Between Hersheypark Dr. [SR 0743] and E. Derry Rd. [SR 2012] (7:45 - 9:15 a.m.)
12) McKinley Ave. Between E. Derry Rd. [SR 2012] and Chocolate Ave. [SR 0422] (7:45 - 9:15 a.m.)
13) Homestead Rd. Between Homestead Ln. and Chocolate Ave. [SR 0422] (8:15 - 10:30 a.m.)
14) Crest Ln. Between Vista Dr. (east entrance) and Meadow Ln. (8:00 - 10:00 a.m.)
15) Meadow Ln. Between Crest Ln. and Ivanhoe Ln. (8:15 - 10:15 a.m.)
16) Ivanhoe Ln.Between Meadow Ln. and Homestead Ln. (8:15 - 10:15 a.m.)
17) Homestead Ln. Between Ivanhoe Ln. and Homestead Rd. (8:15 - 10:15 a.m.)
The October Parish Newsletter is now available here
All Souls Envelopes are distributed within our parish each year to provide you with an opportunity to remember all those loved one who have gone before us. By completing this envelope with the names of the deceased and including a contribution, 7 Masses will be offered by each of our 3 priests in the month of November for the intentions of the Holy Souls.
All envelopes should be returned to the parish by Monday, October 27, 2014. You also have the option of bringing it to the parish office to drop off. Time is needed to prepare your intentions for the book of names of the deceased for All Souls' Day, so your consideration of these dates are greatly appreciated. This book remains in the sanctuary throughout the month of November as we remember your loved ones. If you have not received an envelope, they are available at the back of the church or in the parish office.
Please note: The envelopes collected at the noon and 5;30pm Masses on October 26th will not arrive in the parish office until November 2nd. If you are returning your envelope through the collection basket, you will want to do it at the October 19th Mass or bring it to the parish office.
This Saturday is the Rosary Crusade at Noon... please consider joining us! Full information is available here
Though it may be hard to believe,the end of the year is quickly approaching! The parish office is already beginning preparations for Year End Contribution Statements. If you have had a change of address within the last year, please be sure to notify the parish office so we can update your record and ensure you receive your statement. You can also submit a change of address right on our website here
Reminder: Only contributions made to the weekly offertory using your envelopes or electronic giving are recorded throughout the year. If you drop a check in the collection basket without your envelope, it is not recorded as part of your family's offertory giving. This directly impacts your year end contribution statement. If you like a statement for tax purposes, please remember to use your envelopes or register with our parish online giving program. You can read more about online giving here.
While Bishop Gainer is still in a 'listening & learning' mode some of his priorities for the Diocese are staring to come into focus including growing membership, welcoming people back and strengthening parishes. Read the article here
Subscribe to our blog today so you do not miss any parish news!