It is rare that we have a full four weeks of Advent but since Christmas falls on a Sunday this year, we are blessed. Take this week to do one or more of the following:
1. Read the Christmas story from either Saint Luke or Saint Matthew
2. Take some quiet time to take a deep breath and prepare spiritually for Christmas
3. Pray that this will be a peaceful Christmas for you and your family
4. Come to the Advent Penance Service (Sunday night) and go to confession
5. Do an act of kindness without anyone knowing about it but you and God
6. Remember that the first Christmas was anything but perfect; don’t expect perfection in yours
7. Decide now what Mass you and your family are going to for Christmas
8. Fast from all the sweets and treats; you will savor them more at Christmas
9. Thank God for all of the blessings in your life, especially family and friend.
10. Take another deep breath, say a prayer, and relax
May God bless you this final week of Advent! Remember the reason we celebrate: Jesus the Lord!
Subscribe to our blog today so you do not miss any parish news!