From The Pastor: 6-3-2018
There are many things to talk about this week:
1. Today is the Solemnity of the Holy Body and Blood of Christ. What we celebrate at Mass each week is the very center of our lives as Catholic Christians. At Mass we receive the very Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ. He is present to us in a very unique and intimate way. May the time after receiving Holy Communion truly be a special time to be united with Jesus and to thank Him for the gift of His very self!
2. We congratulate Father Matthew Morelli, our parishioner, who was ordained to the Sacred Priesthood yesterday this weekend at Saint Patrick Cathedral. It is a true honor to host Father Morelli’s Mass of Thanksgiving in the church on Sunday at 2:00 pm. How wonderful it is to offer your first Mass on the Solemnity of Corpus Christi!
3. We have received unanimous decisions from the Diocesan Building Committee and the College of Consultors to move forward with our Centennial Project. This means that we can proceed to final drawings, have permission to begin a Capital Campaign (in the Fall). Our plans are to have the cafeteria renovated into our parish social hall and have the addition to the Education Center finished within the centennial year of our parish in 2020 - 2021. You will start to see some drawings around the parish detailing the plans. Lots more to come!
4. Congratulations to all of our graduating Seniors! May God bless you and know that your parish is praying for you as move forward into the next phase of your life. Stay close to God and the Church!
5. And, finally, the Festival is fast coming upon us. I thank the Festival Committee for all the work they have done so far and for all the volunteers who will make our main fundraiser for the parish another great success. Make sure you sign up to volunteer and make sure you come and support the festival each night!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Subscribe to our blog today so you do not miss any parish news!